Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) fell 1.8% at 8:30 AM ET (13:30 GMT) after it reported quarterly sales that were a tad lower than expectations. The drugstore chain owner did reaffirm full-year profit guidance.
• Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) soared 12% on news the cannabis company is teaming up with Anheuser Busch Inbev (NYSE:BUD) to research cannabis-infused non-alcoholic beverages.
• ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) slipped 5% after it issued full-year profit guidance that was lower than consensus estimates, despite handily beating on the bottom line in its most recent quarter.
• Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) plunged 10% after reporting a quarterly loss that was much wider than expected and also missed on sales. The retailer also appointed an interim CEO.
• Newell Brands (NASDAQ:NWL) stock gained 5% after activist investor Carl Icahn revealed in a regulatory filing that he now owns 9.89% of the company, up from 8.1%.
• Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD) shares jumped 13% after the company reported earnings and sales in line with expectations and announced a 10-year pharmaceutical distribution deal with McKesson (NYSE:MCK).