Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Thursday:
• Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) stock slumped 17.9% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) after its revenue was hit by weaker advertising and issues with product bugs, as well as low demand over the summer.
• 3M Company (NYSE:MMM) stock declined 1.6% after it cut its profit forecast due to slowing demand in Asia.
• American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) stock dipped 0.5% as its revenue missed estimates in the third quarter, which the company attributed to the grounding of Boeing’s 737 MAX models, as well as labor contract negotiations.
• PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL) stock jumped 8.6% after its raised its full-year outlook, with payment volume coming in above forecasts.
• eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) stock lost 7.8% as it lowered its forecast for current-quarter revenue due to competition from other online marketplaces.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock jumped 17.6% after it posted a surprising profit and moved up its schedule for bringing the Model Y crossover to market.