Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Uber (NYSE:UBER) stock slumped 7.5% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) after posting a record $5.2 billion loss, due to high costs related to its IPO and, more worryingly, to a slowdown in growth in its ride-hailing business.
•Farfetch (NYSE:FTCH) slumped 35% as investors took a dim view of widening losses in the second quarter, which were announced next to another pricey-looking acquisition for the online luxury goods marketplace.
• Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) stock fell 1.4% after forecasts for the third quarter were below estimates and revenue dipped due to the lack of high-profile releases during the quarter.
• Boeing (NYSE:BA) declined 0.7% after a Wired report on security flaws in the airplane maker's 787 Dreamliner jet.
• Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) stock was down 0.4% after it announced it is acquiring cybersecurity firm Symantec's enterprise security business for $10.7 billion. Symantec (NASDAQ:SYMC) has risen some 16% since details of the rehashed deal began to emerge.
• Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND) stock slipped 0.4% after reports that it has abandoned plans to enter the Japanese market.
• Yelp (NYSE:YELP) stock surged 5.2% after it beat Wall Street earnings estimates, shrugging off the news that its chief financial officer is leaving to join Eventbrite (NYSE:EB)