Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Tuesday include:
• Novartis ADRs (NYSE:NVS) fell 10.6% after the company spun off its eye-care unit Alcon; Alcon’s shares listed in New York and Zurich Tuesday with a market value of some $25 billion.
• American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) stock rose 1.2% after the company’s downwardly revised guidance for the first quarter was less severe than feared.
• Cerner (NASDAQ:CERN) stock surged 8.2% after the company shook up its board and increased its buyback program under pressure from activist investor Starboard Capital.
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock rose 0.4% after Wedbush raised its target price to $225 from $215, citing a “slow turnaround” in demand in China.
• General Electric (NYSE:GE) continued to fall, losing 1.7% after a 5.2% drop on Monday in the wake of a downgrade by analysts at JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM).
• Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN)was down 2.6% after confirming it offered $7.1 billion for Australian-based casino operator Crown Resorts.