Expect to see more of Erica Sinclair around Hawkings in the future. Priah Ferguson, who plays the sister of Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) on Stranger Things, has been upped to series regular for its upcoming fourth season, sources tell Deadline. Netflix would not comment.
Ferguson had a minor guest role in a few Season 2 episodes but was more prominent in the series’ third run.
More from Deadline
- 'Stranger Things' Teaser Trailer: David Harbour Returns For Season Four As Production Kicks Off
- Netflix International Film VP David Kosse Touts Importance Of Diverse, Arthouse Content For Streamer's Business - Berlin
- Sandra Oh To Star In 'The Chair' Dramedy Series From Amanda Peet & 'Game Of Thrones' Creators At Netflix
At the end of 1985-set Season 3, Joyce Byers (Winona Ryder) is seen taking her sons and Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) out of the Indiana town to start a new life. There is a jump in geography in the final scene, which takes place in the far eastern end of the USSR, where guards are feeding a prisoner to an imprisoned Demogorgon, but “not the American.” That American was widely assumed to be Jim Hopper (David Harbour) and a teaser video for Season 4 suggests that it was.
Created by Matt and Ross Duffer, Stranger Things also stars Cary Elwes and Finn Wolfhard, among others.
Ferguson’s other credits include guest roles on series including Atlanta, Mercy Street and Bluff City Law, along with 2018 feature The Oath. Our sister site Variety first had the news of her increased Stranger Things role.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon