MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 18, 2013) - Sumo Logic, the next-generation log management and analytics company, today announced new functionality that allows customers to rapidly analyze logs generated by software, platform and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) environments. In addition, Sumo Logic now also supports hosted collection for those companies who choose to store their logs directly in their Amazon S3 environment.
These new collection capabilities enable customers to:
- Rapidly search and analyze machine data generated from their SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and other cloud environments such as Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, EngineYard, Google App Engine, Heroku, VMware CloudFoundry, and many others without installing collectors on a local file system.
- Take advantage of the growing trend of storing logs in a public cloud environment with Sumo Logic's new hosted collector for Amazon S3.
- Instantly discover data patterns from thousands of pages of logs via Sumo Logic's patented LogReduce™ technology.
- Choose between different modes of log collection -- local or hosted -- based on specific IT and business requirements.
- Easily correlate their SaaS/PaaS/IaaS logs with other server, network, and virtualization tiers to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis.
"The cloud reshapes business economics and the speed with which companies get value from their application and infrastructure investments," noted Sumo Logic CEO Vance Loiselle. "This IT shift is reflected in our new capabilities to collect and analyze machine data from a variety of 'as-a-service' environments in conjunction with our proven on-premise collection."
Sumo Logic, recently named an innovator on CRN's 2013 Big Data 100: Business Analytics list, helps enterprise IT professionals search, analyze, monitor, and visualize big data in real time, enabling application and infrastructure troubleshooting within data center, cloud and hybrid environments. As a native cloud solution, Sumo Logic eliminates the need for on-premise log management equipment and dedicated personnel, delivering a petabyte-scale platform that gives companies immediate access to valuable operational insights. With Sumo Logic, organizations benefit from rapid time-to-value and do away with expensive professional services and costly deployment models.
Sumo Logic's new hosted collection capabilities for "as-a-service" environments as well as for Amazon S3 environments are now available. Please visit www.sumologic.com for more information.
Learn more about Sumo Logic
- Sign up instantly and for free: http://www.freesumo.com
- Watch the Sumo Logic product overview video: http://bit.ly/sumodemo
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is the next generation log management and analytics company that leverages Big Data for real-time IT insights. The company's cloud-based service provides customers with real-time interactive analytics at unprecedented petabyte scale. The Sumo Logic service is powered by patent-pending Elastic Log Processing™ and LogReduce™ technologies, and transforms log data into actionable insights for IT operations, application management, and security and compliance teams. Unlike expensive and complex premise-based solutions, the Sumo Logic service has a low TCO, can be deployed instantly, scales elastically and requires zero maintenance. The company is based in Silicon Valley and is backed by Accel Partners, Greylock Partners and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.