’Tis the season for pumpkin spice lattes, chunky oversize sweaters, and vivid fall sunsets. The beautiful way the sky’s color changes at dusk — a swirl of rose-gold clouds against the bright orange and red horizon — is truly mesmerizing.
Yahoo Lifestyle challenged makeup artist and curly hair influencer Christina Vega to create a sunset-inspired smoky eye using the highly coveted Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette. Watch the video to see how Vega makes her own brown eyes sparkle by expertly layering beige, burnt orange, and dark brown shadows in both matte and metallic finishes.
- Prep lids with a primer such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This product helps makeup to last longer, prevent creasing, and enhance vibrancy of shadows.
- Apply Sauced (matte terra-cotta) from the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette all over lids.
- Tap Ounce (shimmery ivory) onto brow bone.
- Apply Chaser (matte light nude) in the crease.
- Use a flat brush to sweep Cayenne (matte deep terra-cotta) onto lids. Pro tip: Apply the same shade to the lower lash line with a smudge brush to add depth.
- Blend shadows with a crease brush for a seamless transition.
- Darken the outer crease with Ashes (matte deep reddish-brown).
- Press Scorched (red metallic with gold micro-shimmer) onto center and inner corner of lids.
- Generously coat top and bottom lashes with SheaMoisure Absolute Volumizing Mascara.
- Use tweezers to place false lashes on top lash line. Vega’s choice: House of Lashes in Hollywood Glam.
- Add warmth to complexion with Cargo Bronzer in Dark, focusing application along hairline, temples, and jawline.
- Complete the look with a rosy mauve matte lip. Try: Tarte Tarteist Matte Lip Paint in Delish.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Kim Kardashian spends hours contouring her face. Here’s how to get the look in less time.
- Ciara’s no-makeup makeup is the best part of game day
- ‘They see pictures, they say goals!’ How to copy Cardi B’s ‘Bodak Yellow’ winged eyeliner