REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 17, 2012) - Oracle (
- SurfStitch, Australia's leading online surf and fashion retailer, has chosen to extend the use of Oracle ATG Web Commerce to support its growing international presence and the expansion of its brand portfolio.
- Launching as Australia's first online retailer for surf and fashion in 2008, SurfStitch has grown rapidly through its passion for providing exceptional customer service and an extensive brand offering that includes all well known surf brands, such as Billabong, Quiksilver, RipCurl, Volcom, Nixon and many others.
- Today, with over 20,000 products and 300 plus brands, SurfStitch is expanding its business geographically, particularly in Europe, and into other areas of fashion and chose to extend its use of the Oracle ATG Web Commerce platform to help it meet these objectives.
- SurfStitch had first selected Oracle ATG Web Commerce solutions in September 2009, and with the support of systems integrator CGI, a Platinum level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), implemented the scalable and robust ecommerce platform to support the retailer's rapid business expansion.
- Since then, Oracle ATG Web Commerce has helped SurfStitch convert more of its average daily 30,000 unique visitors into buyers, generating larger orders and promoting more repeat visitors, contributing to $30 million in revenue last year.
- It has also enabled SurfStitch to personalize and target offers, cross-sell merchandise and extend its commerce and merchandising operations and the retailer now processes around 10,000 orders a day.
- In addition, SurfStitch uses the Oracle applications to closely monitor sales and visitor behavior, providing insight with which to quickly respond to market conditions and customer activity and helping to ensure it increases customer satisfaction.
- In expanding its use of Oracle ATG Web Commerce, SurfStitch plans to extend these capabilities and benefits to new brands and markets internationally.
- SurfStitch's success was recognized recently at the 2012 Online Retail Industry Awards in Australia, where it won Best PurePlay Retailer, Best Site Optimization and Design and Online Retailer of the Year.
- "SurfStitch prides itself on delivering the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction," said Lex Pedersen, Director, SurfStitch. "As a pure-play business, we have to get our ecommerce offering right, in order to deliver on our promise both for our brands and our customers. Oracle ATG Web Commerce enables us to provide an engaging and relevant experience that keeps our customers coming back."
- "To drive ongoing profitable growth, retailers must provide superior customer experiences," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "In leveraging the Oracle ATG Web Commerce platform, SurfStitch is optimizing each interaction and using actionable insight to evaluate, refine and personalize the customer experience."
- About SurfStitch
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.