SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) -
Core News Facts
- Tagged today announced its 2012 performance and office expansion, setting the stage for an impressive 2013.
- In 2012 Tagged exceeded $51 million in revenue, with virtual currency revenue up 30 percent year over year. This marks Tagged's fifth straight year of profitability.
- Due to company momentum, Tagged also expanded with a major office build out in late 2012 and opened its doors in 2013 to a completely refreshed, nearly doubled space.
- Having established the category of social discovery, Tagged is focusing its upcoming efforts on taking social discovery mobile, revamping its mobile apps and transitioning the business to mobile-first.
- Tagged increased total mobile visitors by 56.5 percent in 2012 and ended the year with mobile users comprising 37 percent of total daily active users.
- With its revitalized office space, Tagged looks to tackle 2013 as both the leader in social discovery and the best place to work in San Francisco.
- Signing a new seven-year lease, Tagged has officially expanded its San Francisco headquarters from 15 thousand to 40 thousand square feet.
- The expansion brings the entire company together on a single floor, with the added floor space available for industry events, weekly team meetings and startup workspace.
- Additionally, with a new zen room (complete with yoga-friendly flooring), expanded lounge workspaces and more, Tagged continues its pursuit to create the happiest and most productive team possible -- with ongoing perks of unlimited vacation, top-notch benefits and quirky grassroots clubs (e.g., TaggenBraü home brewing, the Tagged bacon truck and pushup club).
Attributable to Greg Tseng, co-founder and CEO of Tagged
"2012 was a record year for us, and as we start off 2013 with a laser focus on mobile, and an incredible new office space, the energy at Tagged is contagious. We are out to win social discovery at Tagged and I believe we have the pieces in place to do just that."
Tagged is the social network for meeting new people. While other offerings focus almost exclusively on existing relationships, Tagged has established the category of social discovery. Tagged is the largest social discovery network in the world with over 330 million members in 220 countries. Tagged enables anyone to meet and socialize through advanced browsing and matching features, shared interests and more. Founded in 2004, Tagged is based in San Francisco.