Taylor Wessing and Addleshaw Goddard are the latest firms to announce their annual partner promotions round, with five new partners made up at Taylor Wessing in the U.K. and eight partners for Addleshaws globally – including one non-lawyer.
Taylor Wessing has promoted five new partners in its U.K. practice this year, including three women, all from the firm’s London office. The firm has not yet announced its international promotions, which it intends to do this summer, according to a firm spokesperson.
Taylor Wessing managing partner Shane Gleghorn said in a statement: "I am pleased to confirm this year's partner and senior counsel promotions. We are fortunate to be surrounded by creative, ambitious and dedicated lawyers who push the boundaries and are eager to succeed. All those promoted reflect the firm's diverse range of talent across sectors and practice areas.”
Taylor Wessing also promoted six of its lawyers to senior counsel.
Addleshaws has promoted eight partners in total across the firm’s U.K. and Middle East offices, including three women, with six in the U.K., one in Qatar and one in Oman.
Addleshaws has also made up its head of innovation and legal technology, Kerry Westland, who has become the firm’s first ever former paralegal to make partner.
Senior partner at Addleshaws Charles Penney said in a statement: "I am delighted to congratulate these talented individuals who have been promoted to partner. Each has already made a strong contribution to the firm, and in their roles as partners they will play an important role in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions and deliver great value for our clients."
Last year Addleshaws promoted nine new partners, also split between the firm’s U.K. and Middle East offices.
Taylor Wessing new U.K. partners:
- Alexander Erksine – private client
- Lauren Fendick – real estate
- Adam Rendle – IP and media
- Alexandra Richardson – corporate technology
- Amy Patterson – restructuring and insolvency
Addleshaw Goddard new partners:
- James Law – Qatar, corporate and commercial
- Al Mangan – U.K., corporate and commercial
- Jennie Chilton – U.K., banking
- Nick Ashcroft – U.K., litigation
- Jamie Kellick – Oman, litigation
- Lucy Butterworth – U.K., real estate
- Joe Maitland – U.K., real estate
- Kerry Westland – U.K., intelligent delivery (innovation)