Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are rallying at the midday mark, led by the tech (XLK) and financial (XLF) sectors, while energy (XLE) is the most in the red. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer and Yahoo Finance reporter Melody Hahm.
Today’s Midday Movers discussion topics:
- ‘Techplomacy:’ making ties with Silicon Valley companies
- Tech leads stocks higher
- Trump meeting with tech leaders
- Oil prices and oil stock dividends
- The uneven US housing recovery
- ‘Human Project:’ 10K humans studied over 20 years