Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are slightly up at the midday mark, with the materials sector (XLB) the most in the green and the consumer staples sector (XLP) still in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Justine Underhill and Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue.
- Trump focuses on apprenticeship programs
- Labor shortages? Blame corporate America
- Tech stocks mount feeble bounce
- ‘FAANG’ stocks’ next big move
- Fed expected to raise rates
- Tuesday Tech Watch with David Pogue: Google ad blocker
- How the Golden State Warriors became Silicon Valley’s basketball team
- Is phubbing actually a ‘psychological condition’?