Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "New Technology and Innovation in Construction" report to their offering.
Challenges facing the U.K. construction sector include skills shortages and increasing material costs. These circumstances are driving innovation, as the industry adopts new technology and techniques to meet demand and minimise cost, whilst achieving sustainability targets.
Construction is now seeing innovations and initiatives to drive change in the areas of pre-manufacture, information & technology, sustainability and new construction methods.
This report provides independent insight into innovation in UK construction. Presenting information about innovation in the construction supply chain. Providing indicators on attitude and take-up by the Construction Decision Making Unit in the areas of: Offsite, Product Identification and Reporting, Sustainability, Automatic Product Design and Installation, Remote Monitoring and Augmented Reality.
Products identified as offering the greatest potential are M&E systems, Glazing, Insulation and Boarding. Pre-manufactured buildings, pods and assemblies were also seen as important contributors to new construction methods. It is intended that the decision makers' view of key innovation drivers, which this report provides, will help to inform those deciding future product development strategies.
This report will provide:
- Insight into the current challenges faced by leading construction decision makers considering: output, sustainable design, managing costs and skill shortages
- Assessment of the needs of construction decision makers in the areas of pre-manufacture, data management across the building product life cycle, sustainability and closing the performance gap
- Guidance on the smart methods' architects and designers are looking for from manufacturers
- Priorities for innovations available to the built environment
- Identification of areas of opportunity relating to product innovation that may offer a competitive advantage to construction product manufacturers
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
3. Objectives and Methodology
4. Offsite Manufacture
5. Product Identification and Reporting
7. Automatic Product Installation
8. Remote Monitoring
9. Augmented Reality
10. New Supplier Arrangements
11. Decision Maker Attitudes
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/649mf8/new_technology