WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Jun 16, 2016) - TechShop Inc., a membership-based, do-it-yourself (DIY) workshop and fabrication studio, will celebrate the second anniversary of its DC-Arlington location by kicking off a week-long series of events throughout the D.C. metropolitan area, starting with a kickoff celebration on June 16 at the company's Crystal City location. To commemorate TechShop's place in the growing Crystal City innovation ecosystem, TechShop will open their workshops and anniversary events free of charge to the community. Throughout the week, TechShop will host and participate in several local D.C. and national events supporting the Maker Movement, including the National Maker Faire (June 18-19) and the White House's National Week of Making (June 17-23).
TechShop will participate in the National Maker Faire with representatives from the U.S. Navy, highlighting the mobile makerspace trailers TechShop built for the Navy and the exciting growth of the Maker Movement on the high seas. Mark Hatch, chief executive officer of TechShop, will attend.
National Maker Faire: Makers from across the U.S. will convene in Washington, D.C., on June 18-19, at the Second Annual National Maker Faire. Kicking off the "Week of Making" (June 17-23), National Maker Faire gives curious, inventive people a place to share what they love to make. Attendees at this free, family-friendly event will have the opportunity to interact with technologies such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, various electronics and 3D printers, as well as STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) projects, textiles, crafting activities, homemade robots, and more. TechShop will be giving away prizes, running demos, and hosting a series of fun activities all day.
TechShop DC-Arlington Anniversary Week Events: Come by to join in the maker fun June 16-24 and meet leaders in the maker movement, participate in engineering challenges for kids, and play a large-scale game of Battleship on TechShop's waterjet table.
Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:00 PM - Friday, June 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM (EDT)*
National Maker Faire* (June 18-19, 2016)
Saturday, June 18: 11AM - 6PM EDT
Sunday, June 19: 11AM - 6PM EDT
*Please see the schedule of full schedule of anniversary week events for time and venue information.
National Maker Faire: University of the District of Columbia - Van Ness
4200 Connecticut Ave
Washington, DC 20008
TechShop will be located across from the Navy trailer
TechShop DC-Arlington Anniversary Week Events
2110-B Crystal Dr.
Arlington, VA 22202
REGISTER: Tickets and detailed schedule are available here.
FULL SCHEDULE: TechShop DC-Arlington Anniversary Week 2016
- Thursday, June 16:
- TechShop Anniversary Week Kickoff @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 6:00PM - 8:30PM
- Friday, June 17:
- TechShop Kids' Night Out - littleBits Chain Reaction Machine @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, June 18:
- National Maker Faire, Day 1 @ University of the District of Columbia, 11:00AM - 6:00PM
- Waterjet Destroyer Challenge Night @ TechShop DC-Arlington; 7:00PM - 10:00PM
- Sunday, June 19:
- National Maker Faire, Day 2 @ University of the District of Columbia, 11:00AM - 6:00PM
- TechShop DC-Arlington Open House & Personalization Party @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Monday, June 20:
- "Design it Right!" with Ara Borghosian @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
- Tuesday, June 21:
- Capitol Hill Maker Faire Panel Discussions @ Rayburn House Office Building (Room B-339), 9:30AM - 4:00PM
- Capitol Hill Maker Faire @ Rayburn House Office Building (Cafeteria), 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 22:
- FIRST® LEGO® League Global Innovation Award Celebration, @ United States Patent and Trademark Office, 8:30AM - 5:30PM
- Coffee & Concepts, featuring Daron Westly & Dr. Yajaira Sierra-Sastre @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 6:00PM - 8:30PM
- Thursday, June 23:
- Making Health: An Interactive Celebration of How Tinkering, Technology, and Design Tools are Transforming Healthcare @ Georgetown University Leavey Center, 2:00PM - 7:00PM
- Friday, June 24:
- From Prototype to Manufacturing - A NOVA Retail Week Workshop @ TechShop DC-Arlington, 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- TechShop DC-Arlington Anniversary Week 2016
- National Maker Faire
- National Week of Making
- TechShop DC-Arlington
Founded in October 2006, TechShop is a membership-based, do-it-yourself (DIY) workshop and fabrication studio that provides access to a vibrant community of creative makers and more than $1 million worth of equipment, tools, and software. Based in San Jose, Calif., with locations nationwide, TechShop offers classes, workshops, instruction, and training for people of all ages and skill levels to build whatever they can dream.
For information and course listings, visit www.techshop.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-TECHSHOP. You can follow TechShop on Twitter at "@TechShop." TechShop is also on Facebook as "TechShop Incorporated."