MALIBU, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 27, 2012) - December 2nd marks the second annual TEDxMalibu community event aptly titled: "Living out Loud=LOL!" The premiere event will take place at the Malibu Jewish Center & Synagogue, from 10-6 pm, located at 24855 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California 90265. The independently organized event is licensed by TED and will combine TED Talks video, live presenters and attendees connecting with each other to explore Ideas Worth Spreading.
Previous reviews of TEDxMalibu include praise from industry insiders and writers such as Melody Godfred, contributor to the Huffington Post who stated, ". . . TEDxMalibu is nothing short of the original TED experience."
Through heartfelt presentations by national figures, TEDxMalibu will provide participants with a multi-dimensional platform for Living Out Loud. Relevant presentations from visionaries, artists, and teachers include:
- Greg Louganis, Olympic Gold Medalist and author of best-selling book Breaking the Surface
- Agapi Stassinopoulos, Author of Best Selling book Unbinding The Heart and inspiring speaker for The Spirit of Women organization
- Dr. Benjamin La Brot, 2012 CNN Hero of the Year nominee and Founder of FloatingDoctors.com
- Lisa Cypers Kamen President of Positive Psychology Coaching Company Harvesting Happiness.com and Founder of 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization HH4Heroes.org
- Adam Leipzig Former President of National Geographic Films, Former Senior Vice President of Walt Disney Pictures and Publisher of Cultural Weekly magazine
- Rabbi Judith Halevy, Leader of the Malibu Jewish Center and a senior fellow at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem
- Brigitte Huff, Film Producer and Co-organizer of TEDxMalibu
- Shannon Bindler, Co-Founder of inspirational women's site Get Up Girl, Style Editor and Contributor to Huffington Post, Stylist.com and Modernmom.com
- Charley Johnson, Head of the Worldwide Pay it Forward Movement and President of the Pay it Forward Foundation
- Sophie Chiche founder and curator of LifeByMe.com
- Sgt. Denoh Lawerence Grear, former Sergeant of the United States Army, musician, writer, poet, entertainer, actor, photographer, director, producer, designer and founder of the Iraqichronicles.org
- Bekah Eden, cause artist, HH4Heroes.org campaign songwriter and 2012 Malibu Music Best Upcoming Female Artist award recipient
- Claire Wineland, singer, artist, composer and Founder of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Claire's Place
- Laurel Airica, creator of WordMagic: An Enchanted Literary Entertainment.
- Malibu Girls & Boys Club, presenting the Harvesting Happiness through Spoken Word pilot program, a tool for collective exploration, growth and healing
- David Ari Leon, former Vice President of Music Production for Fox Broadcasting Corporation, Founder of SoundMindMusic.com and the Voice of Life Project
- Cantor Marcelo Gindlin, full time Cantor at Malibu Jewish Center and Synagogue
- Eric Lumiere, inspired musician, singer, songwriter, collaborator, vocalist and writer of original song Anthem, which with Filo and Peri on Vandit Records, hit the #1 Billboard Airplay in Dance and top 40 in the UK.
- Joe Brightman, Full Sail Valedictorian in Education Media Design and Technology
- James Makawa one of the first African National Correspondents in the U.S., Founder of the AfricanChannel.com and Los Angeles based Africa HD
Attendees will leave TEDxMalibu creatively inspired to improve their future and communities as they Live Out Loud. TEDxMalibu consists of "Brain food for our community, soul food for our hearts and great food for our bodies," states Brigitte Huff, Co-Organizer of TEDxMalibu. TEDxMalibu will be moderated by the award winning Architect, Professor and Principal of Machado Blake Design, Christopher Blake.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Starting as a four-day conference in California 26 years ago, bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. At TED, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Benoit Mandelbrot, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Two major TED events are held each year: The TED Conference takes place every spring in Long Beach, California (along with a parallel conference, TEDActive, in Palm Springs), and TEDGlobal is held each summer in Edinburgh, Scotland.