U.S. markets open in 4 hours 17 minutes
  • S&P Futures

    4,258.50
    +2.50 (+0.06%)
     
  • Dow Futures

    34,158.00
    +76.00 (+0.22%)
     
  • Nasdaq Futures

    14,371.00
    +16.75 (+0.12%)
     
  • Russell 2000 Futures

    2,332.30
    +1.10 (+0.05%)
     
  • Crude Oil

    73.16
    -0.14 (-0.19%)
     
  • Gold

    1,782.50
    +5.80 (+0.33%)
     
  • Silver

    26.28
    +0.24 (+0.90%)
     
  • EUR/USD

    1.1945
    +0.0010 (+0.08%)
     
  • 10-Yr Bond

    1.4870
    0.0000 (0.00%)
     
  • Vix

    16.03
    -0.29 (-1.78%)
     
  • GBP/USD

    1.3907
    -0.0014 (-0.10%)
     
  • USD/JPY

    110.7210
    -0.1140 (-0.10%)
     
  • BTC-USD

    34,326.09
    +1,019.73 (+3.06%)
     
  • CMC Crypto 200

    821.72
    +35.10 (+4.46%)
     
  • FTSE 100

    7,116.54
    +6.57 (+0.09%)
     
  • Nikkei 225

    29,066.18
    +190.95 (+0.66%)
     

Is Tempur Sealy (TPX) A Smart Long-Term Buy?

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·3 min read
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Vulcan Value Partners, an investment management firm, published its “Large Cap, Small Cap, Focus Composite, Focus Plus Composite, and All Cap Composite” first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Vulcan’s Large Cap Composite Fund delivered a 7.1% net return for the first quarter of 2021, 20.4% for the Small Cap, 5.5% for both the Focus Composite and Focus Plus Composite Fund, and 8.7% return was delivered by its All Cap Composite Fund for the same period. You can view the fund’s top 5 holdings to have a peek at their top bets for 2021.

Vulcan Value Partners, in its Q1 2021 investor letter, mentioned Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (NYSE: TPX), and shared their insights on the company. Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is a Lexington, Kentucky-based mattresses and bedding products manufacturer that currently has a $7.1 billion market capitalization. Since the beginning of the year, TPX delivered a 35.00% return, extending its 12-month gains to 141.87%. As of May 21, 2021, the stock closed at $36.45 per share.

Here is what Vulcan Value Partners has to say about Tempur Sealy International, Inc. in its Q1 2021 investor letter:

"Tempur Sealy International is the leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of mattresses globally. The company has recognizable brands across all price points. Approximately 80% of the company’s revenue is derived from its wholesale channel with roughly 5,400 retail partners. The remaining 20% of revenue comes from its retail stores and e-commerce site, Tempur-Pedic.com. Its iconic brand portfolio, world-class manufacturing facilities, and go-to-market omni channel strategy are all competitive advantages. We are pleased to be able to own the company in the portfolio again."

mattress
mattress

antonio-caverzan-D1YruV0KUDw-unsplash

Our calculations show that Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (NYSE: TPX) does not belong in our list of the 30 Most Popular Stocks Among Hedge Funds. As of the end of the fourth quarter of 2020, Tempur Sealy International, Inc. was in 43 hedge fund portfolios, compared to 46 funds in the third quarter. TPX delivered an 8.64% return in the past 3 months.

The top 10 stocks among hedge funds returned 231.2% between 2015 and 2020, and outperformed the S&P 500 Index ETFs by more than 126 percentage points. We know it sounds unbelievable. You have been dismissing our articles about top hedge fund stocks mostly because you were fed biased information by other media outlets about hedge funds’ poor performance. You could have doubled the size of your nest egg by investing in the top hedge fund stocks instead of dumb S&P 500 ETFs. Here you can watch our video about the top 5 hedge fund stocks right now. All of these stocks had positive returns in 2020.

At Insider Monkey, we scour multiple sources to uncover the next great investment idea. For example, Federal Reserve has been creating trillions of dollars electronically to keep the interest rates near zero. We believe this will lead to inflation and boost real estate prices. So, we recommended this real estate stock to our monthly premium newsletter subscribers. We go through lists like the 15 best innovative stocks to buy to pick the next Tesla that will deliver a 10x return. Even though we recommend positions in only a tiny fraction of the companies we analyze, we check out as many stocks as we can. We read hedge fund investor letters and listen to stock pitches at hedge fund conferences. You can subscribe to our free daily newsletter on our website:

Disclosure: None. This article is originally published at Insider Monkey.