Expanded Free Version of the World’s Most Widely Adopted Vulnerability Assessment Solution
COLUMBIA, Md., May 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tenable®, Inc., the Cyber Exposure company, today announced Nessus® Essentials, an enhanced free version of its market-defining vulnerability assessment solution (formerly Nessus Home). Nessus Essentials is designed to be used by students, professors and people who are starting their cybersecurity careers, helping the next generation to quickly and easily master vulnerability assessment and hone their skills.
Global demand for cybersecurity professionals has outstripped supply, creating a critical skills gap that threatens the digital economy. According to the CyberSecurity Jobs Report 2018-2021, demand for cybersecurity talent in 2019 will hit 6 million jobs globally, but roughly 1.5 million of those positions will remain unfilled.
Tenable is addressing this shortage head-on with Nessus Essentials. Nessus Essentials is part of the Nessus family of products, and one of the most widely adopted security solutions in the world. Nessus has the industry’s lowest false-positive rate and six-sigma accuracy, is number one in coverage with more than 100,000 plugins for more than 45,000 CVEs and the fastest for vulnerability detection with new plugins released within an average of 24 hours from the time of vulnerability disclosure.
Nessus Essentials now includes:
- Scan Anywhere: Nessus Essentials replaces Nessus Home, eliminating the previous restriction on only using Nessus for personal, non-commercial use.
- Tenable Research and Community: Receive Cyber Exposure alerts and join the Tenable Community discussion from directly within Nessus Essentials for the latest information on plugins, major vulnerabilities and original reports plus a peer network for discussion and collaboration. In 2019 to date, Tenable Research has published 77 original zero-day vulnerabilities, 99 percent more than the closest competitor.
- Classroom Guides: Educators around the world can build vulnerability assessment lesson plans and curriculum leveraging Nessus.
- In-Product Tutorials and Guidance: Help new users create scans and analyze results. A free course and certification for Nessus Essentials will be made available later in 2019.
“Nearly every cybersecurity professional has used Nessus at some point. Many even learned the fundamentals with Nessus,” said Renaud Deraison, chief technology officer and co-founder, Tenable. “Our vision for Nessus Essentials is to advance the next generation of cyber professionals -- whether it’s in the classroom or on the job. We’re continuing to give back to the community, helping to close the security skills gap and building a foundation of cybersecurity.”
- Visit the Nessus product family web page
- Download Nessus Essentials for free
- Start your Nessus Professional free trial (for consultants and auditors)
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 27,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, more than 25 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.
443-545-2102, x 1544