Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
• Tesla (TSLA) stock gained 1.2% by 8:27AM ET (12:27GMT) as a new SEC filing surfaced showing that chief executive Elon Musk purchased approximately 72,000 shares on June 12 and June 13. Musk is the largest shareholder with more than 33.7 million shares.
• Microsoft (MSFT) stock has gained 0.16% amid a Reuters report that indicated the computer giant was working on technology to eliminate cashiers and checkout lines from stores in order to rival Amazon.com's automated grocery stores.
• Comcast (CMCSA) stock rose 0.4% after launching a $65 billion bid for Twenty-First Century Fox assets, topping a previous offer from Disney.
• Apple (AAPL) stock added 0.34% after the firm said it was beta-testing a new security feature designed to improve the security of data on iPhones. Apple indicated that the new feature was meant to protect its devices against all kinds of potential intruders and was not intended to make law enforcement more difficult.
• Mylan (MYL) stock fell 3.38% as the pharmaceutical company announced that it did not receive regulatory approval for its generic version of the asthma medication Advair.
• Tailored Brands (TLRD) stock plummeted 15.4% after the company reported a 2.1% increase in first quarter comparable same store sales, below the consensus forecast for a 2.5% rise.
• The Michaels Companies (MIK) stock tumbled 14.96% after the firm reported a 0.4% rise in first quarter same store sales, missing estimates for a 0.7% advance.