In seven short years, Twitter has evolved from a place where people simply share random thoughts to the first place people go for breaking news and events.
In honor of Twitter's seventh birthday, we decided to pull together this list of epic tweets. We pulled a few of the tweets from post over at Quora with a ton of user-submitted epic tweets.
1. The first tweet ever.
2. When Oprah first joined Twitter back in 2009, she was excited, to say the least. Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neil pointed this out to her.
3. This photo posted via Twitter shows the famous US Airways flight that landed in New York City's Hudson river. Incredible.
4. Kanye West's tweet apologizing for embarrassing Taylor Swift at the MTV music awards in 2010 has since been deleted, but it's epic nonetheless.
5. Sohaib Athar live tweeted the raid that resulted in Osama Bin Laden's death, by accident.
6. Rapper Drake tweeted about how difficult it was earning his first $1 million. Billionaire T. Boone Pickens responded that the first billion is even more difficult.
7. This is Michael Dell's inspiring tweet on how he started his computer company with only $1,000.
8. Old Spice criticized Taco Bell because its famous Fire Sauce isn't actually made with fire. Taco Bell accused Old Spice of not actually using "old spices" in its deodorant. It seems like Old Spice won this round with its last word.
9. NASA's Mars Curiosity rover sent this epic tweet when it landed last summer.
10. This hilarious exchange between Tom Anderson, the founder of MySpace, and a random tweeter proves that Tom had the last laugh.