IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 30, 2014) - Outstanding kitchen design, culinary inspiration and celebration were on the menu last night as Thermador -- the American luxury kitchen appliance brand that offers real innovations for real cooks -- unveiled the grand prize winners of its Kitchen Design Challenge: Justin Woodward of Craftsman Kitchens, Peter Cardamone & Lynne Kaltman of Bluebell Kitchens and Linda McLain and Lindsay Hulsey of Signature Kitchens & Baths of Charleston, Inc. The announcement took place during a gala event on September 29 in Southern California that celebrated the competition's distinguished entrants.
"The winners of our Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge are some of the most talented kitchen design professionals in the business," said Zach Elkin, director, brand marketing of Thermador. "These designers know what culinary enthusiasts want in the heart of their homes, and with their talent and expertise have created magnificent kitchens that beautifully showcase the capabilities and innovation of Thermador in the American luxury kitchen."
The tremendously talented national winners, along with two national runner-ups, were selected from a pool of 16 regional finalists who demonstrated unsurpassed creativity in designing a luxury kitchen for their clients. The finalists received an all-expenses-paid trip for two to Southern California to enjoy the exclusive gala event celebrating their stunning and inspiring Thermador kitchen designs, along with $2,500, and the national winners and runner-ups also received part of a $60,000 prize purse. In total, more than $100,000 in cash prizes was awarded over the course of this prestigious national kitchen design competition.
The three national grand prize winners were selected in the following categories: Best Traditional/Transitional Thermador kitchen design, Best Contemporary/Modern Thermador kitchen design and Best Use of Thermador Refrigeration in a kitchen design.
Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge Grand Prize Winners:
- Justin Woodward, Salt Lake City, UT - Contemporary/Modern category (Craftsman Kitchens)
- Woodward's kitchen, a downtown penthouse remodel in Salt Lake City, is a breathtaking and inventive space, designed to match his client's affinity for the finer things in life. It features bold, stunning stainless steel Thermador Professional® Series appliances, contrasting colors and clean lines to achieve his goal of capturing a contemporary luxury in a unique loft-like space.
- Peter Cardamone & Lynne Kaltman, Springhouse, PA - Traditional/Transitional category (Bluebell Kitchens)
- Cardamone's and Kaltman's kitchen entry, from a residence in Wyomissing, PA, created an open, inviting space to be the center of the home. The kitchen showcases beautiful Thermador appliances and rustic elements mixed in with the transitional cabinetry to complement the existing natural tones from the kitchen's field stone fireplace.
- Linda McLain and Lindsay Hulsey, Charleston, SC - Refrigeration, Traditional/Transitional category (Signature Kitchens & Baths of Charleston, Inc.)
- McLain's and Hulsey's kitchen, from a new oceanfront vacation home in Kiawah Island, SC, is a functional space that reflects the design taste, needs and personality of the discerning homeowner. To accommodate its use as a vacation home for a large family -- or even multiple families -- the Thermador Freedom® Collection refrigeration provides ample storage while complementing the warmth and style of the kitchen.
Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge Runner-Up Winners:
- Terri Crittenden, Chicago, IL - Contemporary/Modern category (Fredman Design Group)
- Kathryn Salyer, Williamsburg, VA - Traditional/Transitional category (Kathryn Salyer Design, Inc.)
The Thermador Kitchen Design Challenge invited professional kitchen designers, builders and architects to enter their most impressive kitchens designed with Thermador appliances, and was open for entries from February 2013 through March 2014.
The full list of winners can be viewed here: http://www.thermador.com/trade/kitchen-design-challenge
Thermador has been providing real innovations for real cooks for nearly 100 years. The iconic line of cooking, cleaning, refrigeration and ventilation products remains committed to empowering culinary enthusiasts to be their best through continuous innovation breakthroughs -- from the world's first wall ovens and gas cooktops with the patented Star® Burner to the Freedom® Induction Cooktop, the first full-surface induction appliance, and the Freedom® Collection, the first modular built-in fresh food, freezer and wine preservation columns.
Thermador is part of BSH Home Appliances Corporation, a fully-owned subsidiary of Bosch and Siemens Home Appliance Group, the third largest appliance manufacturer in the world. For more information, visit www.thermador.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter at www.facebook.com/thermador and @Thermador, respectively. For Thermador customer service, call 1-800-735-4328.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2687344