- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Under the guidance of CEO Diana Hu, Eastern Platinum Limited (TSE:ELR) has performed reasonably well recently. In light of this performance, CEO compensation will probably not be the main focus for shareholders as they go into the AGM on 17 June 2021. However, some shareholders will still be cautious of paying the CEO excessively.
Comparing Eastern Platinum Limited's CEO Compensation With the industry
According to our data, Eastern Platinum Limited has a market capitalization of CA$49m, and paid its CEO total annual compensation worth US$393k over the year to December 2020. We note that's an increase of 26% above last year. In particular, the salary of US$288.4k, makes up a huge portion of the total compensation being paid to the CEO.
For comparison, other companies in the industry with market capitalizations below CA$242m, reported a median total CEO compensation of US$124k. This suggests that Diana Hu is paid more than the median for the industry.
Speaking on an industry level, nearly 93% of total compensation represents salary, while the remainder of 7% is other remuneration. In Eastern Platinum's case, non-salary compensation represents a greater slice of total remuneration, in comparison to the broader industry. If total compensation veers towards salary, it suggests that the variable portion - which is generally tied to performance, is lower.
A Look at Eastern Platinum Limited's Growth Numbers
Eastern Platinum Limited has seen its earnings per share (EPS) increase by 24% a year over the past three years. It achieved revenue growth of 22% over the last year.
Overall this is a positive result for shareholders, showing that the company has improved in recent years. It's also good to see decent revenue growth in the last year, suggesting the business is healthy and growing. We don't have analyst forecasts, but you could get a better understanding of its growth by checking out this more detailed historical graph of earnings, revenue and cash flow.
Has Eastern Platinum Limited Been A Good Investment?
With a total shareholder return of 13% over three years, Eastern Platinum Limited shareholders would, in general, be reasonably content. But they would probably prefer not to see CEO compensation far in excess of the median.
Given that the company's overall performance has been reasonable, the CEO remuneration policy might not be shareholders' central point of focus in the upcoming AGM. However, any decision to raise CEO pay might be met with some objections from the shareholders given that the CEO is already paid higher than the industry average.
CEO pay is simply one of the many factors that need to be considered while examining business performance. That's why we did our research, and identified 3 warning signs for Eastern Platinum (of which 1 is a bit concerning!) that you should know about in order to have a holistic understanding of the stock.
Switching gears from Eastern Platinum, if you're hunting for a pristine balance sheet and premium returns, this free list of high return, low debt companies is a great place to look.
This article by Simply Wall St is general in nature. It does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell any stock, and does not take account of your objectives, or your financial situation. We aim to bring you long-term focused analysis driven by fundamental data. Note that our analysis may not factor in the latest price-sensitive company announcements or qualitative material. Simply Wall St has no position in any stocks mentioned.
Have feedback on this article? Concerned about the content? Get in touch with us directly. Alternatively, email editorial-team (at) simplywallst.com.