U.S. Markets closed

This robot knows when it screws up by reading your mind

This is Baxter, and it knows it just made a mistake.

Researchers are testing out mind-mapping techniques to help train robots to improve their ability to perform tasks on an assembly line.

Instructors from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Boston University have been working with Baxter on various tasks.

In this video, an instructor is wearing an electroencephalography (EEG) monitor on her head, and the robot is monitoring the data stream, looking for specific brain signals that let it know whether it is doing the task correctly.

MIT researchers say they are confident the robot can achieve up to 90 percent accuracy, and the other 10 percent of the time, the robot can just ask what it did wrong.

Source: http://gizmodo.com/you-can-shame-this-robot-with-your-mind-when-it-screws-1793009113


Robot teaches kids as young as 3 to code

This food recycler will turn your food scraps into fertilizer

Industrial robot technology may soon be in your home

Wristband monitors your blood alcohol content while you drink

Breast-pumping moms can now go wireless

The world’s first 3-screen gaming laptop is mind-blowing

Netflix has just helped improve your commute

Apple’s plan to beat Google in the maps game

Your next food delivery order could come from a robot

You can now add cooking to the list of things Alexa can help you do

This anti-drone gun looks like it can do some serious damage

You could soon be using your smartphone to get cash from the ATM

Instagram offers disappearing photos and live broadcasting

You may soon be able to use a drone to catch fish

Amazon offers special deals through Alexa

WhatsApp video calling is finally here

Sold-out Snapchat sunglasses already on eBay

You can now cast Harry Potter spells from your phone

Apple reveals new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

This smart crib will help your baby sleep safely through the night

New hybrid console takes Nintendo on the go

Self-driving cars have hit Great Britain