Another gap in the DAX, this time a bearish one. We start Thursday on the important mid-term horizontal support, which may help to lift the price higher. Why? Because that would be the gap closing movement and we all know that gaps love to be closed, especially on the DAX. The sentiment in the long-term remains negative but in the short-term, we can see this light in the tunnel.
Next one is Gold, where the buyers again tried to break the 38,2% and again they were unsuccessful. That is potentially very dangerous. Double top formation on a 38,2% is never good. Breakout of the neckline of this pattern will give us a strong sell signal.
The last one is the USDJPY, where the price bounced from the lower line of the symmetric triangle pattern. That is a positive sign, especially that it was done with a double bottom formation, which has good looking long tails. If you are not convinced yet, wait for the breakout of the blue horizontal resistance first.
This article is written by Tomasz Wisniewski, a senior analyst at Alpari Research & Analysis
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Important AUD Pairs’ Technical Checks: 06.12.2018
- Natural Gas Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Short-Term Cold Snaps Followed by Prolonged Period of Milder Temperatures
- Price of Gold Fundamental Daily Forecast – Safe-Haven Buyers Choosing Dollar Over Gold
- Precious Metals Move Up On Safe Haven Demand Amid Subdued USD In Broad Market
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Analysis – Plenty of Room to Downside Under 24824
- E-mini S&P 500 Index (ES) Futures Technical Analysis – Headed for 2602.75 Unless Buyers Overtake 2701.75