COLUMBUS, OH--(Marketwired - Mar 6, 2014) - Tim Wilmott, Chief Executive Officer of Penn National Gaming Inc., will deliver the luncheon keynote address at the inaugural Mid-America Gaming Congress, which will be held April 8 - 9, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.
Mr. Wilmott, who served as Penn National Gaming's President and Chief Operating Officer since February 4, 2008, has more than 20 years of experience in managing and developing gaming operations in diverse regulated jurisdictions including Arizona, California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey and North Carolina, as well as internationally.
"Tim Wilmott is the ideal keynoter for this inaugural event. He fully understands the needs of this critical, vast market and has a well-deserved reputation for providing candid, thoughtful commentary," said Joe Weinert, Executive Vice President of conference co-producer Spectrum Gaming Group.
The Congress will address the critical issues facing the gaming industry in the Midwest, in markets ranging from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin, Oklahoma to Kentucky. Top industry experts will discuss topics such as:
- Competition: What is happening with gaming expansion and how will it play out? Where is there saturation and where is there opportunity?
- Internet Gaming: What can be learned from jurisdictions where Internet gaming is currently legal? What can be expected in the short term and in the long term?
- Exploring Other Gaming Options: What are the various forms of non-casino, non-lottery gambling and other for-money games that are available to states? Where are the success stories -- and the failures?
- Regulatory: As states crave more gaming revenue, are regulations and regulators becoming more relaxed? To what extent is there -- or should there be -- cooperation among regulators in different states?
- Wall Street: Which Mid-America gaming markets have the best near-term outlooks? Which gaming operators are best positioned for growth?
As of March 3, 2014, confirmed speakers include the following:
- Joseph Billhimer, Executive Vice President and COO, MTR Gaming
- Dennis Bloch, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Securities
- Kevin Braig, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP
- Allan Brilliant, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Wes Ehrecke, President and CEO, Iowa Gaming Association
- Peter Ellsworth, Member, Dickinson Wright
- John Finamore, Senior Vice President, Penn National Gaming
- David Frankhouser, VP Operations, Delaware North
- Jason Giles, Executive Director and General Counsel, National Indian Gaming Association
- Fred Gushin, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Rob Heller, President and CEO, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Randhir Jha, Senior Fiscal/Program Analyst, Indiana Legislative Services Agency
- Gene Johnson, Senior Vice President, Marketing Research and Online Studies
- Soohyung Kim, CIO and Managing Partner, Standard General
- Peter Kulick, Member, Dickinson Wright
- Katie Lever, SVP and General Counsel, Bally Technologies
- Evan Levy, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meacher & Flom LLP
- Michael Lipton, Senior Partner, Dickinson Wright
- Don McGehee, Division Chief Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division, Michigan Attorney General
- Donn Mitchell, Chief Administrative Officer, Isle of Capri
- Donna More, Partner, Ungaretti & Harris
- Cheryl Scott Dube, General Counsel, MotorCity Casino
- Robert Stocker, Member, Dickinson Wright
- Joe Weinert, Executive Vice President, Spectrum Gaming Group
Early bird registration rates are available through March 14, 2014. For the complete agenda and registration visit www.midamericagamingcongress.com. To become a conference sponsor, contact Korbi Carrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list for updates.
The Mid-America Gaming Congress is jointly organized and produced by Dickinson Wright and Spectrum Gaming Group. Attendees will include corporate executives, gaming operators, elected officials, regulators, vendors, developers, investors, and analysts from around the United States.
Spectrum Gaming Group (www.spectrumgaming.com) is an independent, full-service global gaming research and professional services firm serving private- and public-sector clients on five continents. Spectrum has performed online gaming research and analysis for the National Indian Gaming Association as well as several tribal governments across the United States, has testified twice before the US Senate Indian Affairs Committee, and has been a leader in developing online-gaming policies for more than a decade. Spectrum produces several conferences and with Fantini Research, publishes SPECTRUMETRIX™, a comprehensive and dynamic suite of web-based reports.
Dickinson Wright PLLC (www.dickinson-wright) is a full-service law firm with more than 40 practice areas. Founded in 1878, Dickinson Wright PLLC has over 350 lawyers in offices located in Detroit, Troy, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Lansing, and Saginaw, Mich.; Columbus, Ohio; Las Vegas, Nev.; Nashville, Tenn.; Phoenix, Ariz. (operating as Dickinson Wright/Mariscal Weeks) and Washington, D.C. Dickinson Wright LLP has over 35 lawyers in Toronto, Canada.