Earnings season really starts heating up this week with the first of the “FANG” stocks to report, plenty of Dow Industrial components, and a lot of banks.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of companies reporting, but never fear. Tracey has gone through the charts and picked out only the best so you don’t have to.
Despite the common wisdom that companies can “massage” the number and beat the analysts’ estimate whenever they like, it’s not easy to beat the consensus every quarter for years. Business conditions, and the economy, will likely change during that time period.
But these companies make it look easy. Additionally, long-term shareholders have been rewarded as these shares are trading at or near 5-year highs.
Will these companies be able to do it again this quarter?
5 of the Top Earnings Charts This Week
1. Visa (V) is a beast. It has one of the best charts on the Street and it has one of the best earnings records, with no misses in over 5 years. Impressive.
2. General Electric GE isn’t an investor favorite, as its chart is really choppy, but it has a great track record. It hasn’t missed in 5 years.
3. Honeywell HON has a spectacular chart. Who knew that an old-line industrial would outperform many of the younger, and hipper, companies?
4. Stanley Black & Decker SWK had a couple of misses back in 2012 but that was nearly 5 years ago. Since then, it’s had a perfect record of beating.
5. Manpower Group MAN hasn’t missed in 5 years either but will the French elections stir up trouble this quarter? A large percentage of its business is in France.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
If you want more guidance on the options trades this earnings season, Dave Bartosiak takes you through the trades on Zacks Live Trader.
Did Dave get it right on lululemon?
Join him for all of the options trading action this earnings season. Don’t miss a single trade.
The Best & Worst of Zacks
Today you are invited to download the full, up-to-the-minute list of 220 Zacks Rank #1 "Strong Buys" free of charge. From 1988 through 2015 this list has averaged a stellar gain of +26% per year. Plus, you may download 220 Zacks Rank #5 "Strong Sells." Even though this list holds many stocks that seem to be solid, it has historically performed 11X worse than the market. See these critical buys and sells free >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Honeywell International Inc. (HON): Free Stock Analysis Report
General Electric Company (GE): Free Stock Analysis Report
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (SWK): Free Stock Analysis Report
ManpowerGroup (MAN): Free Stock Analysis Report
Visa Inc. (V): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research