TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 3, 2013) - Italy and France are home of the most traditional favourites among Canadians, but going beyond these destinations; there are many more cultural menus for travel foodies to explore. When not in Rome or Paris, where else can Canadian foodies go for fine international cuisine to feast their palates on?
itravel2000 announces their top 13 foodies travel destinations for 2013 -
- Japan - Traditional favourites miso soup, sashimi, sushi, and tempura
- Mexico - Home of quesadillas, mole, tacos tortillas, and guacamole
- China - Authentic wontons, dumplings, chow mein, and spring rolls
- Spain - Popular tapas, paella, gazpacho, and Spanish omelet
- United States - From New York to Los Angeles, Chicago to New Orleans, San Francisco to Texas, and Las Vegas, the US is the land of varied culture, world famous restaurants, and a number of celebrity chefs like Wolf Gang Puck and Anthony Bourdain
- Thailand - Pad Thai, Thai green curry, tom yam, and so many other exotic flavours
- Morocco - Refined cuisine influenced by many other cultures, Moroccan dishes include tajine, lentil soup, zaalouk
- Malaysia/Indonesia - Asam Laksa, gado-gado, nasi padang, ayam goring, and sambal soto
- India - Tandoori chicken, naan bread, samosas, and butter chicken
- Greece - Moussaka, souvlaki, tzatziki, baklava, and saganaki
- England - Beef wellington, black pudding, dumplings, and yorkshire pudding
- Canada - Montreal's famous poutine, smoked meat, Nanaimo bars, maple syrup, beaver tails, and some of the best seafood from cities like Halifax and Vancouver
- Belgium - Chocolate, waffles, moules-frites, waterzooi, paté, and Belgium fry
"Food is an important part in the travel experience and in fully exploring the culture", Jonathan Carroll, president of itravel2000, says. "With so many different flavours to discover around the world, our expert travel agents make it easy to book vacation packages, flights, hotels, and car rentals so our customers can look forward to planning the best eats."
For more information, visit www.itravel2000.com. To book a vacation, call 1-866-888-1180.
itravel2000.com, a leading travel retailer in Canada for over 19 years, is a full service travel company providing both live travel experts and online solutions for booking all travel arrangements. Visit us at www.itravel2000.com.