- (0:45) - How To Be A Good Long Term Investor
- (6:15) - Tracey's Top Tips
- (20:00) - Episode Roundup: VOO, SOCL, KWEB, MU, AVGO, INTC, MSFT, PFE
Welcome to Episode #180 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, however, she’s going solo to share her best tips for long-term investing in this volatile market.
It’s not easy being a long-term investor. There’s a lot of information out there that may sway even those with the strongest stomach that they should sell everything and move to the sidelines.
But before a long-term investor panics, there are a few tips that may smooth out the ride.
Top Tips for Long-Term Stock Investors
1. Know what your goals are. What’s the investing for?
2. Know your time frame. Do you have a 10-year horizon? Or even longer?
3. Be diverse. Pfizer PFE was a fabulous stock in the 1990s, but not so great since then. But what if you were over weighted in drug stocks during that time?
4. Indexes may be for you. There are the basic indexes like Vanguard S&P 500 ETF VOO as well as the specialty indexes if you want to spice things up such as the Global X Social Media ETF SOCL and the Kraneshares China Internet ETF KWEB. ETFs make it easier to buy a basket of stocks, which is usually less volatile.
5. Be aware, that a hot stock in one decade may not always be in another. Microsoft MSFT is a great example of that. Always re-visit any long-term holdings because businesses change. 15 years ago, Microsoft didn’t have the cloud, LinkedIn and a bunch of other businesses.
What else should long-term investors know about holding firm in their investing strategy in volatile markets?
Tune into this podcast episode to find out.
Breakout Biotech Stocks with Triple-Digit Profit Potential
The biotech sector is projected to surge beyond $775 billion by 2024 as scientists develop treatments for thousands of diseases. They’re also finding ways to edit the human genome to literally erase our vulnerability to these diseases.
Zacks has just released Century of Biology: 7 Biotech Stocks to Buy Right Now to help investors profit from 7 stocks poised for outperformance. Our recent biotech recommendations have produced gains of +98%, +119% and +164% in as little as 1 month. The stocks in this report could perform even better.
See these 7 breakthrough stocks now>>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Pfizer Inc. (PFE) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Global X Social Media ETF (SOCL): ETF Research Reports
Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO): ETF Research Reports
KraneShares CSI China Internet ETF (KWEB): ETF Research Reports
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research