Trade War Tariff Damage and Caution Tied to Policy Uncertainty. Those, say Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, are the biggest factors holding back stock prices globally. He joins me now.
1. John, you have three scenarios in mind when it comes to a U.S. China Trade Deal. What are they and what are their probabilities?
2. What’s the implication for the market if that March 1st deadline gets moved?
3. Will tariffs on China be bad for stocks?
4. You also see the global supply chain driven chip stocks having a big influence on this bull market correct?
5. Since the market has had a good start to the New Year, some are looking for “Panic Buying” to set in and drive the market higher. Are you in that camp?
6. Do you have a near-term target for the S&P500?
7. Would you be a buyer on dips?
8. You have three defensive stocks in focus, Molina Healthcare (MOH), Portland General Electric (POR) and Liberty Broadband Corp. (LBRDA).
That’s the long and short of it from Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Portland General Electric Company (POR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Molina Healthcare, Inc (MOH) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Liberty Broadband Corporation (LBRDA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research