According to the outlet, law enforcement sources said the woman filed a police report asserting that Songz struck her in the face on Saturday night, when they were both at a party in the Hollywood Hills.
Songz allegedly became agitated when she began speaking to another man, and then hit her in the face while they argued. She left the party and went to the hospital by herself, speaking with the police afterward. TMZ reported that her injuries weren’t major. The LA City Attorney will look over the case to rule whether or not Songz will be arraigned.
Songz has had a number of run-ins with the law over the last few years. In December 2017, he was sued for allegedly attacking a fan outside the Philadelphia strip club Vanity Grand Cabaret. A few months before, in August 2017, he pled guilty to two misdemeanor charges of disturbing the peace. The charges stem from an incident in December 2016, where Trey began destroying stage equipment at the Detroit venue Joe Louis Arena. Though Trey avoided jail time, he was sentenced to 18 months of probation and had to apologize to the city of Detroit. And last January, Keke Palmer stated she would be seeking legal action against Songz for her appearance in Trey and Fabolous' "Pick Up the Phone" video without her consent, and for sexual intimidation.
- Trey Songz Is Being Sued Over Alleged Strip Club Attack
- Trey Songz Dodges Jail Time After Destroying Stage in Detroit
- Keke Palmer Is Seeking Legal Action Against Trey Songz for "Pick Up The Phone" Video
More from Complex
- MLB Reportedly Entertaining a New 9th Inning Rule to Shake Up Outcome of Game
- NYU President Apologizes for 'Racially Insensitive' Meal Being Served for Black History Month
- 'KUWTK' Teaser Shows That Khloe Kardashian Had Some 'Complications' During Her Pregnancy
- Remy Ma's Sister Arrested in Connection to a North Carolina Shooting
- Donald Glover Says He Worked to 'Punch Up' the Jokes in 'Black Panther' Script