Twilio Inc. TWLO just released its Q2 2016 earnings results, posting earnings of -$0.08 per share and revenue of $64.5 million.
Currently, Twilio has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of -$0.08 per share, beating street estimates by $0.07.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $64.5 million, beating our estimate of $58 million.
3. “We delivered strong results in our first quarter as a public company, as we saw continued growth across our product lines,” said Jeff Lawson, Twilio’s Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “Customers around the world use Twilio to build differentiated experiences for their end users by embedding communications into their software applications. The successful completion of our IPO in June will provide additional capital and brand visibility to drive our growth in the future as we look to fuel the future of communications."
4. Twilio had 30,780 Active Customer Accounts as of June 30, 2016, compared to 21,226 Active Customer Accounts as of June 30, 2015.
5. TWLO was up $0.20, or %0.47, to $42.70 as of 4:30 p.m. EDT in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Twilio’s price movement since their June IPO:
TWILIO INC-A Price
TWILIO INC-A Price | TWILIO INC-A Quote
Twilio Inc. provides Cloud Communications Platforms. The Company enables developers to build, scale and operate real-time communications within software applications. Its Programmable Communications Cloud software enables developers to embed voice, messaging, video and authentication capabilities. The Super Network is the software layer which allows its customers' software to communicate with connected devices globally. Twilio Inc. is based in San Francisco, U.S.A.
Check back later for our full analysis on Twilio’s latest quarterly earnings report!
If you want information on how to trade during earnings season, check out the Zacks Market Edge Podcast below.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
TWILIO INC-A (TWLO): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research