- Twitter is rising ahead of CEO Jack Dorsey’s presentation at a Goldman Sachs conference.
- The social-media company last week reported better-than-expected earnings that sent share prices soaring.
- Follow Twitter's stock price in real-time here>>
Shares of Twitter gained more than 8% ahead of CEO Jack Dorsey’s presentation at a Goldman Sachs technology conference in San Francisco Tuesday afternoon.
He’s scheduled to take the stage at 3:30 p.m. ET.
It’s not clear what the subject of Dorsey’s presentation will be, but he’s likely to set an optimistic tone following the social network’s first-ever corporate profit last week.
Twitter’s stock price is up 22.3% since the company reported earnings that beat Wall Street’s expectations. The big boost came despite Twitter saying active user growth was flat.
It’s a "solid step down the road to recovery," a BMO Capital Markets analyst told clients after the earnings beat. "If Twitter can keep costs in check, we believe the story could become more interesting as top-line pressures fade."
You can watch Dorsey’s presentation live on the Goldman Sachs website (registration required).
- Tesla reports smaller loss than expected, slows cash burn
- Disney got a huge boost from tax reform that will help it take on Netflix
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Here are the 3 areas of the stock market to buy following the meltdown