BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Dec 11, 2012) - Acme Packet® (
- TXU deployed the Acme Packet Net-Net Enterprise Session Director, a high performance enterprise session border controller, to simplify its migration to an all-IP infrastructure that reduces telecommunications expenses and improves business agility for its 1,500-agent contact center.
- By centralizing SIP control functions, the Acme Packet enterprise session border controller allows TXU to consolidate operations into two geographically distributed contact centers for disaster recovery and business continuity. In addition, the solution enables TXU to securely leverage multiple outsourced contact center providers for supplemental coverage.
- Acme Packet helped TXU accelerate deployment by mitigating interoperability issues between an IP contact center platform and SIP endpoints provided by two different vendors, and by enabling a straightforward transition from legacy H.323 connections to more efficient SIP-based connections to outsourcers, which are used to supplement capacity.
- By replacing conventional public switch telephone network (PSTN) circuits with SIP trunks, the company has reduced operating expenses and improved service agility. The Net-Net Enterprise Session Director protects and controls SIP trunking borders and enables TXU to utilize two distinct SIP trunk service providers to ensure high availability and optimize costs.
- Rapid migration to all-IP contact center infrastructure
- Highly secure and reliable connections to redundant SIP trunk providers
- Ability to expand capacity more quickly and efficiently to meet fluctuating business demands
- Lower capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX)
"Acme Packet solutions help us realize all the cost savings and operational benefits of an all-IP contact center without sacrificing security or service availability," said Tony Jurica, Sr. Manager IT Operations, TXU Energy. "By migrating to SIP, we were able to improve business agility while reducing equipment and operating expenses."
"Innovative companies like TXU are implementing SIP trunks and services to increase flexibility and contain costs," said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, at Acme Packet. "The Acme Packet Enterprise Session Director helped TXU streamline deployment and allows them to enjoy PSTN-like service quality for VoIP communications."
More about TXU Energy and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, TXU Energy, VoIP, voice over IP, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Contact Center, Genesys, Polycom
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider, powering the lives of more Texans than any other retailer. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.