PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Cook-Illinois Corporation adopts enterprise-class transportation management
Tyler Technologies, Inc. (TYL) announced the successful adoption of its Traversa® Multi-District Model (MDM) in coordination with the Cook-Illinois Corporation in Cook County, Illinois. This model allows large transportation service providers to manage operations at all of their locations or regions within a single instance of the software, connecting data for multiple operations in one database structure.
Traversa MDM provides contractors the ability to streamline operations, share resources, and provide more services to more districts. Clif Pierluissi, director of routing and analytics for the Cook-Illinois Corporation, uses Traversa MDM daily as he oversees routing for the 75 districts which are managed through the software.
“We’re using Traversa MDM to keep various contracts ‘separate but together,’” said Pierluissi. “It gives our staff the ability to have their data in one place, while keeping customer data separate. Everyone has what they need to stay focused, all in the same place.”
Traversa MDM is one example of how Tyler is advancing its school solutions to meet the evolving needs of its clients, including contractors. By having all relevant routing information within a single database, information is easily accessible, which creates efficiencies throughout districts.
“We’re pleased with the success of Traversa MDM for the Cook-Illinois Corporation and the difference it has made so far for efficiency of the districts it serves,” said Ted Thien, vice president and general manager of Tyler’s transportation solutions group. “This solution centralizes processes and information, so all contractors can have access to accurate information to make their day-to-day tasks easier.”
Key features of Traversa MDM include:
- Shared resources: Vehicles, employees, drivers, garages, maintenance parts, and even runs and routes can be shared by any district within an operation’s scope.
- Shared maps: For contractors who work with districts in similar geographic areas, the ability to see all clients in one map is crucial, and map updates only need to be made once to be applied to all client routes.
- Better reporting and viewing information: Large operations with multiple subsidiaries can benefit from running multiple comparisons that can help each location learn how the other is handling the workload successfully. The Traversa MDM model allows for per district, per region, or contractor-level analysis.
- State reporting capabilities: The solution allows the state to easily pull information needed for its annual claim from multiple districts, eliminating the need for separate district reports.
- Advanced security: Traversa MDM provides users with the ability to allow or restrict access to sensitive or confidential information as needed.
- Web-based access: Information can be instantly shared with a user’s respective districts. With unlimited user access and the ability to limit rights to read-only, Traversa MDM allows clients to segment resources and be proactive with communication.
Pierluissi added, “A corporation like ours needs this level of integrated software; we can’t have all of these separate, ‘island’ databases. Our plan is to have one database holding all of our routes. It’s a cool future we’re looking at.”
Tyler will be discussing Traversa MDM at the upcoming STN Expo on July 13-18, 2018, in Reno, Nevada. Stop by booth #503 to learn more.
About Tyler Technologies, Inc.
Tyler Technologies (TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments. Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector - cities, counties, schools and other government entities - to become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their constituents. Tyler's client base includes more than 15,000 local government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. In 2017, Forbes ranked Tyler on its "Most Innovative Growth Companies" list, and Fortune included Tyler on its "100 Fastest-Growing Companies" list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at www.tylertech.com.