HARTFORD, CT--(Marketwire - Feb 27, 2013) - TyMetrix, the global leader in intelligent solutions for managing the business of law, announced today the launch of its 2013 TyMetrix Legal Analytics LegalVIEW® FORUM series, peer-to-peer content-driven sessions that focus on today's most pressing legal issues. The first session, "Establishing Value-Based Pricing and AFAs," will be held on February 28 at the Harvard Club, 35 West 44th Street, in New York, from noon to 6 p.m.
"These forums truly represent a first in the legal industry, bringing two parties -- corporate law departments and law firms -- together to work more collaboratively and engage in a professional discourse to find common ground in better managing the business of law," said Craig Raeburn, Managing Director, Legal Analytics.
TyMetrix LegalVIEW Forums take place four times a year with a range of industry-driven topics. Participants exchange ideas and best practices related to emerging trends in the buying and selling of legal services. Thursday's session highlights will include:
- Registration and Lunch, noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Emerging Trends in Buying Legal Services(held in a TED-Style discussion), 1:30 - 2:15 p.m.: Law firms and corporate law departments will collaboratively examine the value of competitive bidding, RFP processes, developing competitive intelligence, and benchmarking to gain a competitive edge.
- Workshop Collaboration: Establishing Value-Based Pricing and AFAs, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m: Hear and discuss concrete examples of how AFA programs have been successfully implemented, managed, and evaluated to better predict legal spend, become more efficient, and enhance value.
- Workshop Results & Discussion: Scope, Baseline, Benchmark, Value, 4:15 - 5:00 p.m.: End the day with a collective discussion of workshop findings mapped to four defined pillars -- scope, baseline, benchmark, value -- that provide a blueprint for improving business behavior.
- Networking Reception, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
The next sessions for the 2013 LegalVIEW Forum Series is as follows:
- May 16, 2013: Improving the Certainty of Budgeting and Forecasting
- July 18, 2013: Sourcing Legal Providers in a Changing Business Environment
- September 26, 2013: Negotiation Strategies for Corporations & Law Firms
To learn more about TyMetrix Legal Analytics LegalVIEW Forums, go to www.tymetrix.com/legalviewforums.
TyMetrix is the global market leader in delivering intelligent solutions that empower corporate legal departments, law firms and claims organizations to manage the business of law. It provides clients with quality legal management software, services and solutions, including e-billing, matter management and performance metrics, and the expertise required to manage risk, reduce costs and gain the insight required to meet their strategic objectives.
TyMetrix Legal Analytics, a complementary business to TyMetrix's core software offerings, combines unparalleled analytical and legal domain expertise with LegalVIEW™ -- the world's largest permission based contributory data warehouse of legal performance data -- to provide predictive and analytical models, benchmarking and insights to legal departments and all professionals involved in managing the business of law. TyMetrix is part of Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services. For more information, please visit www.tymetrix.com.
About Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services
Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services is the leader in legal process and business performance management. It delivers the people, products and processes to drive transparency, ensure accountability and provide organized, accurate and actionable information for legal, financial and insurance professionals. CLS's business brands -- CT Corporation, NRAI, BizFilings, Corsearch, CT Lien Solutions and TyMetrix -- empower organizations to make better business decisions and be more efficient in today's highly transparent business environment.
Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Service is a part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2011 annual revenues of EUR 3.4 billion, employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Visit the Wolters Kluwer website for more information.