Will address delegates at international gathering of industry, policy, technology and financial leaders March 11-15 in Houston
U.S. Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo will address CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2019, March 11-15 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
“We are honored to have Secretary Pompeo join us at CERAWeek 2019,” said Daniel Yergin, CERAWeek chairman and vice chairman of IHS Markit. “His remarks will add an important foreign policy and national security dimension to the critical issues to be discussed at this year’s conference. Secretary Pompeo’s leadership of the U.S. Department of State and a distinguished career that has included the Central Intelligence Agency, U.S. Congress, military service and the private sector give him unique understanding and insight on energy and the future of global geopolitics.”
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
CERAWeek 2019: New World of Rivalries: Reshaping the Energy Future will assess the evolving trends of energy markets, the impact of government policies, the environment, technology, geopolitics and the global economy. 2019 marks the 38th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit (INFO).
Among other key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2019:
- U.S. shale and the rebalancing of the world oil market
- Future of transportation – from “cars” to “mobility”
- “Wellhead to water” – the new role of the U.S. as an energy exporter
- Climate, carbon and energy transitions
- Digital transformation, artificial intelligence and machine learning – how will they change the energy industry?
- Energy investment strategies – facing volatility and growing risk
- LNG and the new era of global gas – counting on growth
- Renewables around the world – from cost to value
- Electric power – redefining competition
- Refining and petrochemical integration – and plastics
- Geopolitics and disruption – Venezuela, Iran, and the impact of U.S.-China trade dispute
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek 2019 will be held March 11-15 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2019 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://bit.ly/19cwmediarg.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2019 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.