LONGMONT, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
UQM Technologies, Inc. (NYSE American: UQM) (“UQM” or the “Company”), a developer of alternative energy technologies, today announced the introduction of its Integrated Fuel Cell Compressor System (“PowerPhase® FCS”). This product is designed to meet growing demand in the fuel cell market for a high performance, cost-effective compressor solution. Few competitors feature an integrated high efficiency motor and controller – making UQM’s model the lowest cost, space-optimized design that can be adapted to different compressor options.
UQM CEO Joseph Mitchell stated, “We have seen great progress with our fuel cell compressors over the past few years, and our customers have requested that we optimize our system for performance and cost. Based on this feedback, and general market demand, we have made a significant strategic investment to design and launch what we feel is the premier fuel cell compressor system in the market today. We’ll be introducing this product in China – the largest market for fuel cell technology globally, particularly in heavy-duty applications. Initial feedback from potential customers has been very positive, and we look forward to launching the system in early 2019.”
- The fully integrated fuel cell motor/inverter/compressor has been customized for a wide range of fuel cell applications.
- The system provides a number of benefits to fuel cell suppliers including improved packaging, the elimination of a number of components – such as cables and connectors between the motor and inverter – and overall optimized performance.
- UQM’s PowerPhase® FCS product portfolio aims to cover the majority of market need for fuel cell electric vehicles, supporting fuel cell stacks from 30kW-150kW and 270-800 VDC voltage range, a pressure ratio ranging from 1 to 2.2, and airflow from 100 to 500 kg/h.
- UQM will be displaying this integrated fuel cell compressor system at the International Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cell Technology Expo from November 6-8, 2018 in Foshan, China in booth #A2-02.
- Customers may begin placing orders now in advance of the product rollout in 2019.
- Current UQM fuel cell compressor systems are already deployed in a number of vehicle applications including full size transit buses, port vehicles, shuttle vans and passenger cars across a broad range of power levels.
UQM Technologies is a developer and manufacturer of power-dense, high-efficiency electric motors, generators, power electronic controllers and fuel cell compressors for the commercial truck, bus, automotive, marine, and industrial markets. A major emphasis for UQM is developing propulsion systems for electric, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel cell electric vehicles. UQM is IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 certified and located in Longmont, Colorado. For more information, please visit www.uqm.com.
This Release contains statements that constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act. These statements appear in a number of places in this Release and include statements regarding our plans, beliefs or current expectations; including those plans, beliefs and expectations of our management with respect to, among other things, gaining required certifications, new product developments, future orders to be received from our customers, sales of products from inventory, future financial results, liquidity, and the continued growth of the electric-powered vehicle industry. Important Risk Factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements are contained in our Form 10-K and Form 10-Q’s, which are available through our website at www.uqm.com or at www.sec.gov.
Source: UQM Technologies, Inc.