Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN) shares are falling despite reporting record third-quarter sales.
Earnings came in at 56 cents per share, missing estimates by a penny. Sales came in at $987.469 million, missing estimates by $12.531 million.
“I’m pleased to report record third quarter sales, driven by better reaction to our apparel assortments and strength in the digital channel,” said CEO Richard Hayne. “Looking ahead to Q4, we’re encouraged by positive sales-to-date but realize our highest volume days have yet to be written.”
- Total comps increased 3%
- Free People comps were up 9%
- Anthropologie Group comps were up 4%
- Urban Outfitters comps were flat
Urban Outfitters shares fell more than 10% in Tuesday's after-hours session. The stock closed the regular session lower by 4.5% at $28.79 per share.
Kohl's Trades Lower On Mixed Q3 Earnings, Cuts Guidance
TJX Companies Trades Higher On Q3 Earnings Beat
Photo credit: Mike Mozart, Flickr
See more from Benzinga
- Benchmark Weighs Pros And Cons Of Booking Holdings Heading Into 2020
- 6 Stocks Moving In Monday's After-Hours Session
- What Is Li-Ning And Why Is Its Stock Up 200% This Year?
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.