Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are sideways to down at the midday mark, with the tech (XLK) and utilities (XLU) sectors the most in the red, and energy (XLE) and financials (XLF) the most in the green. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman and Justine Underhill.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- Senate health care bill in jeopardy
- What’s in store for US economy and stocks
- Dollar sinks vs euro
- Will Janet Yellen change course when she speaks at 1:00 pm ET?
- GM lowers forecast for industry-wide vehicle sales
- Bank branches going the way of Blockbuster: former Barclays CEO
- Yemeni coffee selling for $240/lb