CLEVELAND, March 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Demand for paint and coatings in the US is projected to rise 2.3% per year to 1.4 billion gallons in 2020. Advances will decelerate modestly in both volume and value terms over the forecast period. However, demand will be bolstered by the continuing recovery of the construction industry, which will boost sales of architectural paint. These and other trends are presented in Paint & Coatings: US Market Forecasts, new from The Freedonia Group, a Cleveland-based industry research firm.
Key Market Findings
- Growth in the architectural paint market, spurred by healthy increases in residential construction spending, will provide the majority of paint and coatings gains.
- Demand for coatings used in manufacturing (OEM) markets is predicted to expand at a below average pace through 2020. However, several segments will surpass pre-recession 2005 levels.
- Demand for protective and specialty coatings is forecast to rise modestly through 2020, marking an improvement from the performance of the previous decade.
More information is available at http://www.freedoniagroup.com/industry-study/paint-coatings-us-market-forecasts-3500.htm
Related studies include:
- #3496 Protective & Specialty Coatings Market in the US (January 2017)
- #3493 Architectural Paint Market in the US (February 2017)
- #3492 Manufacturing (OEM) Coatings Market in the US (January 2017)
About The Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985 we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Each study includes product and market analyses and forecasts, in-depth discussions of important industry trends, and market share information. Chemicals studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com and are also available on www.marketresearch.com and www.profound.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-paint--coatings-sales-to-reach-14-billion-gallons-in-2020-300417385.html