the USD/JPY made a bullish breakout above the resistance trend line (dotted red), which is confirming the development of a wave C (pink) towards the Fibonacci targets.
4 hour chart
The USD/JPY is building a retracement after the breakout. A continuation above the minor resistance trend line (red) could confirm (green check) the wave 3 (purple) pattern and indicate a push higher towards the Fibonacci targets. A rebreak below the broken resistance (dotted red) invalidates (red x) the wave outlook.
1 hour chart
The USD/JPY bullish bounce at the Fibonacci retracement levels of wave 4 vs 3 and breakout above the resistance trend line (red) could confirm (green check) the wave 4 (green) retracement and wave 3 (purple) momentum. A break, however, below the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level invalidates (red x) this wave outlook.
The analysis has been done with SWAT method (simple wave analysis and trading)
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- U.S. Dollar Index Futures (DX) Technical Analysis – 97.035 Potential Trigger Point for Downside Acceleration
- 2020 Kicks off with US-Iran and Climate Change Crisis
- DAX30 Might Drop as The Price is Overbought
- Swiss Franc is Showing, How it Suppose to be Done
- Silver Steadies after Mini-Slide
- EUR/USD Daily Forecast – Euro Falls Into a Range Below the 200 DMA