The US dollar has rallied slightly against the Japanese yen and quiet trading on Thursday, but we are facing a significant barrier above in the form of the ¥114.50 level, that extends to the ¥115 level. Beyond that, we are heading into the weekend and it’s hard to imagine that a lot of people are going to suddenly jump into this pair and break out on a Friday. I suspect that we probably will be somewhat stagnant, slightly positive, or rollback. I am not expecting a big move to the upside. I still favor the longer-term uptrend but I also recognize that there is a lot to work through above. The recent selloff from that area reached down to the uptrend line and the 200 day EMA, so I think that we are still technically in a very strong trend, but we have a lot to deal with just above.
USD/JPY Video 09.11.18
If we do break the ¥115 level sometime soon, I think that we would probably go looking towards the ¥117.50 level, or maybe even the ¥120 level. Quite frankly, I would rather buy this pair again closer to the uptrend line, because it could give us quite a bit of value. Ultimately, I do think that we break out but it’s going to take a lot of momentum building. If we did break down below the 200 day EMA, then the market could break down even further. Interest rate differential should continue to push this market higher.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- EUR/USD Price Forecast November 9
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – November 8, 2018 Forecast
- Natural Gas Price Forecast November 9
- Stocks Treading Water, Treasury Yields Higher Ahead of Fed Policy Decision
- Natural Gas Price Prediction – Prices Consolidate Despite Inventory Build
- Interview with FP Markets