The US dollar has done very little against the Japanese yen for the last several days, and Wednesday of course wasn’t any different. We continue to see resistance just above the ¥112 level, which is the gateway to reaching towards the ¥113.50 level. If we do in fact break out to the upside could be rather sudden, and with a lot of force. This would probably coincide with a strong move in the stock markets, which of course are going through earnings season currently.
USD/JPY Video 18.04.19
Overall, this is a market that seems a bit stuck at the moment, without any real decision being made quite yet. If we were to break down below the ¥111.50 level, then we could unwind a bit. Ultimately, this is a market that I do believe continues to show a lot of attention, and we will eventually make a significant move. If we were to break down below the 100 and level ¥0.50 level, the next obvious support level would be the ¥111 region, but at this point we need some type of catalyst which I believe will have something to do with earnings season.
Ultimately, this is a market that you should be observing is probably not trading as there is absolutely no volatility to be had. However, we have obvious levels that we should be paying attention to, and therefore it’s crucial to have an eye on the chart even if you don’t have money to work because there could be a nice opportunity presenting itself soon.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – April 17, 2019 Forecast
- Future of American Stocks: Buy or Sell?
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – April 17, 2019 Forecast
- GBP/JPY Price Forecast – British pound does nothing on Wednesday
- US Stocks Market Overview – Stocks Slip, Driven Lower by Healthcare, Consumer Staples Buck the Trend
- Silver Price Forecast – Silver markets continue to chop around