LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 22, 2013) - vBulletin Solutions today announced that vBulletin 5 Connect, the latest generation of its industry-leading community software, has emerged from beta and is now fully supported in version 5.0.0.
vBulletin 5 Connect was released in beta form in September 2012. Since then, more than 16,000 users have sampled the product using the beta version as well as vBulletin's free, hosted three-day trial of vBulletin 5 Connect available at www.vbulletin.com/vb5-trial. The free trial will remain available going forward.
"We expected strong interest in vBulletin 5 Connect, but the large response to date has truly been remarkable," said Joe Rosenblum, CTO of Internet Brands (which owns vBulletin). "The feedback we've been getting from our beta and free trial users indicates that the major enhancements vBulletin 5 Connect brings -- particularly the beautiful new UI and ease of setting up communities -- is really resonating well with users."
Full Support for Cutting-Edge Communities
vBulletin's premier support team will begin support of version 5.0.0 beginning today. Among the hundreds of enhancements in vBulletin 5 Connect now fully supported:
- All-new Site Builder that allows drag-and-drop configuration of pages and easy customization
- A re-architected Core providing activity stream functionality, easier customization and display layer extensibility through a central API
- Elegant new user interface that advances the aesthetic standard for community websites and engages users to contribute more content to a community
- Simplified administrative experience with robust moderation tools and new features including in-line site editing and built-in SEO capabilities
- Enhanced search and discovery that elevates customized pieces of valuable content and filters various types of content for display, driving more page views and greater engagement
- More socially-enabled features including new user profiles and real-time updates
- Integrated monetization functionality provided by VigLink
Pricing & Download
vBulletin 5 Connect retails for $249. A Premium bundle that includes vBulletin 5 Connect and vBulletin Mobile Suite (www.vbulletin.com/mobile) is available for $399. To purchase vBulletin 5 Connect, visit www.vbulletin.com.
vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful administration features and speed in mind, it serves over 100,000 online communities worldwide. vBulletin is a division of Internet Brands, Inc.