The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures dropped to their lowest in more than three weeks
on Friday, stretching losses into a fifth straight session, as weakness in
competing soy markets stoked worries of a shift in demand from the tropical
* U.S. corn futures fell 2 percent on Friday, their biggest single-day drop in
nearly a month, on concerns about U.S. sales to China, a proposal to eliminate
the U.S. ethanol mandate and the big global stockpile of the feed grain.
* U.S. crude futures fell on Friday on expectations the Federal Reserve could
announce a pullback of its bond-buying program as early as next week.
* The U.S. dollar hovered near a five-year high against the yen and rose against
the euro on Friday, while global equity indexes slipped on growing concerns the
U.S. Federal Reserve could surprise investors by scaling back its stimulus as
early as next week.
* Natural gas fell on Friday for the first time in five days with investors
taking profits on a rally driven by frigid weather in the United States. U.S.
crude oil slipped too, pushing the commodities complex lower.
> Vilsack, U.S. grain trade officials head to China for talks
> Three Chinese men charged with stealing U.S. seed technology
> Argentina soy trade stilled again by bean hoarding
> NOPA November U.S. soy crush seen at 161.3 million bushels
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Dec. 1-15 palm oil export data on Dec. 16.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0042 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
CBOT SOY OIL JAN4 39.90 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE JAN4 96.72 +0.12 96.55 96.80 1401
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --