The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Friday, reversing gains as investors
booked profits from prices that soared to more-than-one-year highs, while
prospects of higher output from the world's top producer weighed on the market.
* U.S. soybean futures rallied more than 2 percent on Friday on firm cash
markets, good export demand and spillover strength from higher soymeal futures,
which surged more than 4 percent.
* Brent crude rose by nearly $1 on Friday in heavy spread trading that boosted
the international benchmark's premium to an eight-month high versus U.S. oil.
The spread widened by nearly $1.60, leaving Brent $16.21 over U.S. West Texas
Intermediate (WTI) crude at settlement, the widest level since March.
* Oil prices fell sharply on Monday after Iran and six world powers sealed a
deal curbing its nuclear programme, a fillip for global economic growth and risk
appetites that should benefit share markets.
* The price of benchmark Brent crude oil rose for a second straight session on
Friday on short-covering while U.S. soybeans surged on data showing bullish
> Indonesia to raise Dec CPO tax to 12 pct, cocoa unchanged
> Indonesian planter PTPN 7 plans up to $171 mln IPO in 2014
> Jump in Indonesian 2014 palm output to weigh on prices
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Nov. 1-25 palm oil export data on Nov. 25.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 2352 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
CBOT SOY OIL JAN4 41.45 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE JAN4 94.02 -0.82 93.64 94.19 6975
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --