The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures rose to their highest in nearly a week on Monday
after the ringgit dropped in late trade, but weak U.S. and Chinese soy markets
capped gains and locked prices in a tight range.
* U.S. corn futures plunged to a three-year low on Monday and soybeans fell the
most since February to a fiveweek bottom after a government crop report
surprised traders by showing larger-than-expected stocks of both commodities.
* Crude oil on both sides of the Atlantic fell on Monday but pared losses late
in the day as traders bought contracts to square short positions as the third
quarter ended and as the likelihood of an imminent U.S. government shutdown
* Global stock markets fell and the dollar dropped against major currencies on
Monday as a partial U.S. government shutdown neared reality, with passage of an
11th hour stop-gap spending bill seen as unlikely.
* Oil and metals fell on Monday on fears of an imminent U.S. government shutdown
and grains tumbled on oversupply concerns, while gold slipped for the session
amid strong quarterly gains.
> Ensus to begin restarting UK bioethanol plant this week
> Malaysia's September palm oil exports up 1.0 pct-SGS
> South Africa says mandatory biofuels blending to start in 2015
> Wet weather may hamper Indonesia palm output in 2013
> Malaysia's September palm exports up 2.1 pct-ITS
> U.S. corn, soybean stocks much bigger than thought-USDA
> Corn, soy plunge after USDA stocks surprise
> ICE sugar rallies, huge October delivery expected
> PREVIEW-Canada wheat, canola crops expected to shatter records
Key commodity markets at 2330 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.256 +0.03 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 5384 -2.00 5370 5418 230740
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 6960 -52.00 6934 7008 359152
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.10 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 102.37 +0.04 102.26 102.39 468
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --