The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Friday, lifted by overnight U.S.
soyoil markets, but trade was muted as investors waited for an industry report
on stocks and output volume in the world's second-largest producer.
* U.S. wheat futures edged lower on Friday but hovered near a 3-1/2 month high
and notched their third straight weekly gain amid tightening global supplies and
* Oil eked out its first gain in three weeks as half of oil production in the
U.S. Gulf of Mexico was offline from an approaching storm.
* Asian markets look set for a cautious start to the week on Monday, with U.S.
stock futures and the dollar coming under pressure as politicians in Washington
showed no signs of making progress over the weekend in resolving the U.S. budget
* Commodities markets were mixed on Friday as copper rose 1 percent in a
technical bounce and gold slipped on a firmer U.S. dollar, despite concerns that
deeply divided lawmakers in Washington were far from reaching a budget deal.
> USDA shutdown, data uncertainty roil CBOT soy options trade
> With U.S. government shut, private data providers step in
> Planting in Brazil's top soy state behind previous year
> Corn and soy yields in early U.S. harvest beat expectations
> Informa Economics trims U.S. soybean crop forecast
> Industry regulator the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) will release data on
Malaysia's end-September stocks, exports and production on Oct. 10.
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-10 palm oil export data on Oct. 10.
Key commodity markets at 2348 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.18 -0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 5384 -2.00 5370 5418 230740
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 6960 -52.00 6934 7008 359152
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 40.25 +0.01 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 103.53 -0.31 103.31 103.53 906
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --