The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Friday due to profit-taking after
five days of gains, with trading seen range-bound as the focus shifts to U.S.
lawmakers who are struggling to reach a deal to avert a possible sovereign
default next week.
* Chicago Board of Trade corn futures fell 1.1 percent to their lowest in more
than three years as harvest of the U.S. crop ramped up across broad stretches of
the Midwest, traders said.
* U.S. crude oil futures settled lower and with their biggest weekly decline in
four weeks on Friday as the budget fight in Washington between U.S. political
parties was expected to linger into next week and erode demand in the world's
largest oil consumer.
* U.S. stock index futures fell on Monday and the safe-haven yen rose broadly,
foreshadowing a rocky start for Asian shares after weekend talks in Washington
failed to reach an agreement to avert a U.S. debt default.
* Gold hit a three-month low on Friday as signs of a possible resolution to the
U.S. budget impasse sparked an investor exodus from safe-haven assets, and oil
prices fell as tensions over Middle East crude supplies eased.
> China's oil, iron ore imports set records in Sept
> Argentina sees 2013/14 soy area at 20.2 mln hectares
> Hey speculators, don't give up on corn just yet
> Grain trade in the dark without monthly USDA report
> Felda Global offers $689.3 mln for affiliate
> India's Sept palm oil imports seen rising
Key commodity markets at 2354 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.1785 -0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 40.28 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 101.45 -0.57 101.21 101.54 1249
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-15 palm oil export data on Oct. 16
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --