The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures climbed to their highest level in more than five
weeks on Wednesday after healthy demand for the tropical oil fuelled hopes that
stockpiles would be kept in check despite a seasonal rise in output in the
world's top producers.
* U.S. corn futures fell on Wednesday for the first time in three sessions as
forecasts for mostly dry harvest weather over the next week weighed on the
market, though declines were limited by good export demand due to prices near
* Crude oil futures rose on Wednesday as it appeared Congress was close to an
11th-hour deal to raise the government's debt ceiling and prevent a default.
* Australian shares opened higher on Thursday, setting the stage for a relief
rally in Asia with Washington on the cusp of securing a deal to lift the
government's borrowing limit and avoid a historic default.
* Many commodity prices ended higher on Wednesday with the energy and metal
markets cheered by the growing likelihood that a last-minute deal to reopen the
U.S. government and avert a debt default would pass.
> Paraguay's president vetoes proposed soybean export tax
> EU halts anti-subsidy probe into some biodiesel imports
> EU feeds reform could slash French gene-modified soy imports
> INTERVIEW-Olam expects global cocoa deficit to widen
> Cotton futures to lowest levels in five weeks in light trading
> Ivory Coast cocoa prices up on competition, supply concerns
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-15 palm oil export data on Oct. 17.
> Malaysia's government to set its crude palm oil export tax for November on
Key commodity markets at 2354 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.171 -0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.37 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 102.14 -0.15 102.05 102.18 391
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --