The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Thursday, erasing earlier losses as
a weakening ringgit triggered buying interest, although bearish sentiment
persisted after a U.S. Department of Agriculture report showed damage to soy
crop was not worse than expected.
* U.S. corn futures fell for a third consecutive session and hit a three-week
low on Thursday as harvest of what looked like a record-large U.S. crop
accelerated amid scattered reports of stronger-than-anticipated yields.
* Oil futures rose on both sides of the Atlantic on Thursday as bullish U.S.
economic data and a drawdown in U.S. crude inventories implied increasing demand
in the world's biggest oil consumer.
* U.S. and European government bond yields surged on Thursday, with the yield on
U.S. 10-year Treasury notes touching 3 percent, as stronger-than-expected U.S.
economic data supported the view the Federal Reserve will begin scaling back its
bond purchases this month.
* Gold fell to a two-week low on Thursday as upbeat U.S. data raised
expectations the Federal Reserve could announce a cut in its stimulus program,
and copper slipped too as the dollar's strength weighed on the base metal's
> PREVIEW-Malaysia August palm oil stocks likely climbed to 3-mth high
> China's record pace of soybean imports to slow in Sept-Oct
> Thai rubber farmers, police clash as crisis deepens
> Global food prices fall in August, FAO ups crop forecasts
> Corn slumps on harvest pressure, soybeans rebound
> Cargo surveyors to release Malaysia's Sept. 1-10 palm export data on Sept. 10.
> Industry regulator the Malaysian Palm Oil Board to release Malaysia's August
palm stocks and output figures on Sept. 10.
Key commodity markets at 2316 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.303 +0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 43.55 +0.02 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 108.44 +0.07 108.40 108.68 716
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --